Due Date: Wednesday, 30 April (firm)
Functional and Architectural RequirementsIn this project, you will have the opportunity to implement a resource-oriented reservation system. You should follow these requirements, using your web application from the previous semester as a starting point.
Overall, you should follow the architectural and design principles outlined here:
- XHTML (suitable for a human user)
- JSON or concise XML (suitable for a programmatic client)
Other Non-Functional Requirements
- The project is managed using Maven.
- Restlet is used to expose the given functionality in a resource-oriented form. Where appropriate, suitable representations should be included that make the functionality accessible through a web browser (XHTML). Otherwise, the functionality should be accessible through a suitable client also implemented in Restlet (JSON or XML).
- There should be a comprehensive test suite involving direct and client-based testing (using the chosen data representation) of the available functionality.
- Persistence is provided using Hibernate as in your web application starting point, or you may switch to db4o instead.
- Dependencies should be managed using the Spring framework.